Columbia University Taub Institute
This two-phase renovation project for the Taub Institute includes general laboratories, laboratory support spaces, associated offices and a 900 sf one-story extension shared common space. This new extension remained sympathetic to the original 1928 Physicians and Surgeons/Presbyterian Hospital building by using a similar facade treatment.
Selected areas within public corridors were highlighted to encourage interaction and collaboration among the various scientific disciplines as a means to help promote innovation and intellectual cross-pollination. Bold colors were introduced throughout the laboratory and public spaces as a way to increase connectivity and to brighten the space.